Saturday, December 30, 2006

Who, Meme?

Thanks to James Burnett, famous columnist for the Miami Herald and blogger extraordinaire, I have been tagged to list five items to answer the following question: "What things about yourself do you worry about too much, where other folks' opinions of you are concerned?"

So basically, James, you're asking what about myself I am most embarrassed, aren't you? If so, first I've got to thank you for putting me through this self-examination, because nothing is more pleasant at this time of year, (end of year resolution gathering,) than a good dose of critical thinking.

That said, I decided to provide my list, along with my immediate excuse as to why everybody is wrong if they actually think these things of me about which I worry.

  1. I'm not antisocial, I just respect people's privacy.
  2. I'm not too self-absorbed, I'm just not easily distracted.
  3. I'm not lazy, I'm just efficient.
  4. I'm not immature, I'm just too old for my lifestyle.
  5. I'm not controlling, I prefer to think of myself as "actively engaged."

So there you have it. The top five things apparently on which I need to work during 2007. Wish me luck! (Not that I worry you will think less of me if I don't.)


The Sarcasticynic

2 Comments:

At Sunday, December 31, 2006 12:16:00 PM, Blogger James Burnett said...

Great list, Sarc. I love the excuses that parallel the resolutions.

My favorite was the antisocial one. I really could use that one: I'm just not talking to you 'cause I'm respecting your privacy.

Seriously though, you have been a good blog friend to me. I hope that continues into the new year. And who knows? Maybe when I move to your neck of the woods we can meet over coffee/booze/Cuban cigars.

Happy 2007!

 
At Sunday, December 31, 2006 5:53:00 PM, Blogger The Sarcasticynic said...

Looking forward to it, James. Let me know when you're coming to town and we'll get together.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home